Sunday 17 May 2009

So, the new Mars Volta album has leaked online already...


It is titled Octahedron and appears to be developing the emotionally wraught and (whisper it) more commercial vein that appeared on Bedlam in Goliath. I'm not going to tell you where you can listen to it now, or link an illegal leak, but urge you to wait until 22nd June and judge for yourself. Chances are it will probably stream on MySpace or Spotify the week before the release date. It sounds great, and I will be purchasing it with my filthy coin. They've lost a lot of fans with their last few releases and I hope that this recoups a few, they deserve it purely by dint of releasing one of my favourite albums of the last 10 years (and one of the best debuts ever) back in 2003 with Deloused In The Comatorium.

More news on their official site.

No comments: